Friday, January 6, 2012

Books and my life

I always liked to read. However, the books that I enjoyed have changed during my life. For example, when I was in elementary school, I surprised the book Demian by Herman Hesse, because It introduced elements of philosophy and psychology unknown for me at the time. In adolescence I destinated my free time to read latin american writers like Gabriel García Márquez, Ernesto Sabato, Julio Cortazar, among others, and his most important books, and therefore which I read with interest are One hundred years of solitude,The tunnel, About hereos and tombs and Hopscotch.

Finally, in college, sociology and philosophy texts are my passion, it's amazing how this institution opens the door to an spectacular amount of work of this kind, in contrast with the availability and access to knowledge that gives the school. I think It is necessary that the knowledge. I believe that the knowledge possessed by the university should be present in society and not be exclusive to an elite.

1 comment:

  1. Gabriel, I like the same book of you! I like "One Hundred of solitude" so much, I think that is a interesting and profound story.

    Also I read "The tunnel", but this I don´t like. I prefer the books of Cortazar.

    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete