Friday, January 27, 2012

Gifts and Consumption



Gifts always have been a difficult issue for me, Because I'm not used to giving and receiving gifts, situations such as birthdays, Christmas, children's day, mom`s day, among other dates bother me. especially when it`s an obligation to give something, for example in christmas. The truth is that I don’t really like the christmas, mainly by the social consequences and manipulation of people by advertising. Mindless consumption is the main feature on this date, and the idea about the solidarity and love are in second place. People buy, buy and buy gifts for social rutine and they don`t see the consequences, because, first translates the love to the material objects, second, they don`t reflect about the advertising present everywhere, Third, in many ocasions, people spends money that they haven`t. So, they lose the tranquility in the rest of the year paying a debt. Finally, people are united only at Christmas but all year is individualistic and selfish.
In my home, we don`t give many gifts, because, with my sister and my cousin are in disagree with the celebration of Christmas, only we have a dinner, where we share during all the night, is a good space for talk and enjoy.
I haven’t idea about on how to choose gifts, always I ask for help, for example, in the last christmas my girldfriend bought somethings gifts.
For me the mining of gifts is lost, because other values ​​are installed, now the act isn’t important but the gift as such, in other words, quality, image, object status and price are the fundamental.
Gifts are definitely a strange situation for me, so I try to stay away from those parties where the main thing is the consumption.

1 comment:

  1. Is really these days are more materialism and the feel and emotions lost because the people worry for buy and consume.

    ReplyDelete